Saturday, April 2, 2011

Fruit-Topped Cheesecake

cheesecake2
Yum.


I've been slacking off lately with regards to taking photos of the food I make and eat. I could give a multitude of reasons for that, but it won't make up for a more-wordy-than-pretty blog post. The fact of the matter is that most of my recent creations and dining experiences haven't been visually documented, which means that it's time for me to catch up on all of the yet un-blogged photos in my Flickr account.

Like this cheesecake, which I made back in September for my friend Tessa's birthday! It was the first REAL cheesecake (I've done the no-bake kind a couple of times) that I've baked entirely on my own, and it turned out way better than I expected it to.

When I asked Tessa what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday, she said "CHEESECAKE!" And when I asked her what kind of cheesecake, she said something along the lines of "regular, but with a pretty array of various fruit on top, like a fruit tart." Since I don't like doing simple things, I decided to go ahead and switch up the standard graham cracker crust. Instead of graham crackers, I used gingersnap cookies.

I don't remember where I got the recipe that I ended up using, but the person who posted it claimed that it was a modified version of some famous restaurant's cheesecake. I don't know. It's good, that's all that matters.

0924001822a.jpg


See? Good. No cracks, and I didn't even do the water bath thing. Win!

It was super fun arranging all the fruit, too. I got to combine my OCD and my creative skills to make it purrty and purrfect. ^_^

cheesecake1


And thank you to the lovely Caitlin Rose, who took the photos at the party (1st and 3rd ones in this post).

See, if I had a decent camera, I'd be way more into taking photos, since I'd know they wouldn't suck. Or at least, they wouldn't be blurry like the ones I take on my phone...sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment